How we use and look after your data
Who are we?
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible to manage how we hold and process your information and to ensure we continue to comply with the data protection laws. If you have any questions, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, marking the email FAO: The Data Protection Officer.
Why we collect your information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), to segment our data to improve the relevance of what we advertise to you, and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We will also collect information via the use of online forms where we will conduct customer surveys as part of our commitment to continual product and service improvements. If you do not wish your information to be collected, we may not be able to offer our goods and services to you. If you do not agree with us processing your personal information, we request that you do not use this website.
What information do we collect?
We collect certain information about you in order to achieve our objectives. This information includes the following and is collected when you transact with us in various ways.
- Information about your web browser including the type, your IP address, time zone and language.
- Cookies that are installed on your device.
- Information about the individual web pages or products that you view.
- What websites or search terms referred you to the Site
- Information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies: - “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org. - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. - “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Personal Details & Order Information
- Personal details including name, gender, age and date of birth.
- Contact details including email and address.
- Payment information including credit/debit card numbers and other related information. Please note - we do not keep any payment information on file.
Marketing, Competitions & Survey Information
- Responses from surveys we have undertaken.
- Competition entries
- Details of any unsubscribes to our communication (if not entirely deleted).
Records of your correspondence with our customer support or sales team may be held in our CRM system. This may include recorded telephone calls.
Privacy of Children & Special Data" open="no"] The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If data has been collected from anyone under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to locate and remove the information after you have made us aware. We also do not intentionally collect Special Data such as medical conditions, health, race or religious beliefs.
Changes to this Policy
If you do want to complain about our use of your personal data, please contact us below with the details of your complaint. You also have the right to register a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). For further information on your rights and how to complain, please refer to their website.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where we hold data based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw this consent at any time. To withdraw consent to our processing your data please contact us on the details below.
About your Rights
Under certain circumstances, if you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- Access to Data - you can contact us and we will respond within the legally required limit of 40 days.
- Update of Personal Data - If you wish to update your personal data, you can do this by contacting us. Once we are informed that your personal data held by us is not accurate we will make changes based on your updated information. Some of this data may also be updated via your User on the website.
- Deletion of Data - you may ask us to delete your personal data at anytime where there is no requirement for us to continue to process this information.
If you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Transferring of information outside the EU
Links to other Websites
This website may contain links to or even from other websites including social media websites. We have no control over these 3rd party websites or the technology they may employ. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of any websites you visit to understand how they deal with your information including any Cookies they may place on your machine. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for the use of these 3rd party websites.
Sharing your Information
Occasionally we may wish to share your information with others. This may include disclosing your personal information to other members of our group which can include associated brands. We will do this for the purposes of continuous improvement to our systems and processes and for the purpose of any management reporting. We may also share your information with 3rd parties including:
- Our preferred shipping companies to deliver your order and to contact you if required. We may submit your phone number, address, email, order content and name.
- Marketing agencies who work on our behalf.
- Cloud based applications where your data is used to generate shipping labels or accounting information. e.g. ShipStation, Stripe or Xero.
- Credit Agencies for the purpose of collecting debts.
KAT Europe Ltd, Fen Lodge, Main Road, Scalby, Brough, East Yorkshire, HU15 2UU, United Kingdom