Warm & antimicrobial against bacteria, fungus and mould
- SILVERPLUS® ion treatment from Rudolf Group*
- Prevents odour-causing bacteria
- Fresh garments, even if washed at low temperatures
- Soft to touch with lightly fleeced inner
- Flatlock seams for comfort and stretch
*Rudolf Group are a German textile engineering company, providing 90 years of chemistry to the gloval textile industry. SILVERPLUS® is a treatment applied to our baselayer fabrics which is long proven to prevent build up of bacteria that causes odour. You can read more about the benefits of Silver treatments HERE.
Silver Treatments - How it Works
The perfect combination for Ollyskins Waterproof PVC clothing
Silver has long been used as a natural and proven antimicrobial against bacteria, fungus, mold and other microbes. It's safe and natural properties have been used for wound care (in particular burn treatments), water purification, bone prostheses, cardiac devices, catheters and surgical appliances. It is a natural antibacterial that works by killing bacteria, fungi and yeast by interfering with the metabolism necessary for respiration of these microbes. Even in relatively low concentrations, biologically active silver (Ag) readily kills bacteria and fungus. Silver has a long and documented history as an antibiotic in human health care and it's use can be traced back to 300 B.C. in ancient Greece. Some examples of silver’s beneficial use in history:
- The Phoenicians used to store water, wine and vinegar in silver bottles to prevent spoiling.
- Prior to antibiotics, Silver was used widely in hospitals as a bactericide.
- In the early 1800s, doctors used silver sutures in surgical wounds with very successful results.
- Pioneers of the American West placed silver dollars in their casks of drinking water to keep the water safe from bacteria, algae, etc.
- In the early 1900s people would put silver dollars in milk bottles to prolong the milk’s freshness.
- Silver leaf was used to combat infection in wounds sustained by troops during World War I (before antibiotics).
- Silver yarn is used in socks worn by military personnel in combat areas. so they do not develop fungus growth inside their boots.